Carla Pereira is graduated in Electrical and Computer Engineering since 2002 from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto, master in Electrical and
Computer Engineering since 2006, and PhD in Informatics Engineering – Information Systems since 2010, also from the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto.
Since 2002 she is an integrated researcher at INESC TEC – Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science, where she has participated in several research projects, like:
• 2013-2015: Smart Manufacturing and Logistics (NORTE-07-0124-FEDER-000057).
• 2010-2012: CogniNet - Integrating socio-cognitive semantic processes in the collaborative development of information architectures in networks of organisations (Project supported by FCT).
• 2007-2009: PmCOLNet - A Multi-Paradigm Approach to Performance Management in Collaborative Networks (Project supported by FCT).
• 2006-2007: “Internet Platform for Knowledge-based Customer Needs Management and Collaboration” – KnowConstruct (European project).
• 2008-2010: Automotive Chassis Development for 5-Days-Cars: AC+DC (European project).
Carla Pereira, is also an invited researcher at the Center of Research and Innovation in Business Sciences and Information Systems (CIICESI) where she has been involved in some projects, like:
• 2013-2015: IMMO - Integrated Materials Management Optimization,(project n. 38677).
• 2013-2014: Development of an information system to monitoring a culturaltouristic route.
In the last years she has been scientific adviser of several master thesis and responsible for a number of courses on Information Systems and Software Engineering at the graduate and postgraduate level.
Her research interests include intra and inter organizational collaboration, information and knowledge management in organizations networks, multienterprise ntologies, social aspects of building intra and inter-organizational information and knowledge structures, cognitive semantics, conceptual integration and conceptual modeling in collaborative contexts.
Carla Pereira authored more than 40 scientific publications, 13 of which in international journals and books. Along these years she has been participating in renowned national and international conferences as member of the Program Committee or reviewer. From 2013 to 2015 she was board member of the Portuguese Chapter of the Association for Information Systems.
Since 2004 she is a professor in the Department of Informatics at the School of Technology and Management of the Polytechnic of Porto. Currently, she is also
Vice-President at the School of Technology and Management of the Polytechnic of Porto and Director of the Business Information Systems BSc.